6332 S Rainbow Blvd. #100 Las Vegas, NV 89118, USA

US Dot Authority Setup

Why do you need a USDOT Number before you can start your trucking business?

If you are starting a company that will operate commercial trucks or will transport passengers or haul cargo across state lines, you or the company must be registered with USDOT and must have and display an Interstate USDOT Number on the trucks. (Companies operating in PRISM states (as of 2008, all states except Maryland, Michigan & Nevada) must have an “Intrastate USDOT Number” unless they have secured state-issued operating authority, if you are a Nevada domiciled trucking company that operates only within Nevada you would need only Intrastate filing for your USDOT and a Nevada trucking liability insurance.

GLG Insurance has professional compliance specialists that can help you set up your USDOT number, motor carrier authority (MC #), and get you competitive insurance policy and quick filings (BOC -3) to activate your authority and get on the road. Call us to save time and money.